WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: 16 gauge help please

Boolit Master

16 gauge help please

Hello everyone,
    I am somewhat of a 16 gauge fan and they have been by the wayside for a while. I would like to load some 1 1/8 oz number 2 and BB shot loads for Coyotes. As you probably know data is scarce. Most points to Blue Dot but I don't think I have any. I do have Unique and Herco which I hope to get to work. I don't know what wads I have as they are at another location. I'll be able to check soon. Do you have any suggestions of wads which you have used for such an application and that are currently available? Also any experience with the Unique or Herco in such an application?
    Any help and direction is much appreciated.
    Thanks, and take care,
    Rick

Boolit Master

There is quite a bit of data for Herco and Unique in the older manuals on the 16 gauge. But the loads mostly are for 7, 8, 8 1/2 shot sizes. I never loaded BB or #2 shot in anything so I cannot help you there. I have the Ballistic Products 16 gauge manual but it is all but useless. Nearly every load listed is for powder no longer available, wads no longer available. I wasted my money on it. The only listed powder I have is the Longshot and all the loads for Longshot list the Z16 wad which has not been available for at least 2 years. james

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    There are some loads in the bpi Coyote manual using longshot and blue dot. OB16 gas seal and nitro cards on top of that. Teflon wrap around the shot, if you are placing an order. Or I can give you five or 10 if you just want some to try out.

Unique recipe calls for the Z16 wad.

Boolit Bub

I've only loaded target loads myself. I'm not implying there isn't going to be some good responses here, but I've found a wealth of information at these other specialty forums.

The 16 Gauge Society
    http://www.16ga.com/forum/index.php

Shotgun World, Ive visited a lot over the years
    https://www.shotgunworld.com/