Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: 7.5 Swiss Brass Which to use PP,284 Wi

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up 7.5 Swiss Brass Which to use PP,284 Wi

Costs for PP are $45/100, 284 Win. $60/100 or Norma over $1 ea.....don't want to waste hard earned $$ on PP if primer pockets are out of spec. Any 7.5 Swiss shooting K31's out there.....afish4570

Boolit Master
    i would go with the 284......

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

I've used both the Prvi Partisan and reformed .284 Winchester brass by WW. Both work fine. The Prvi Partisan works well enough for me and often loaded ammunition is available for not much more than the new brass price.

Boolit Master
    I use the 284 brass and have had 0 problems.

Boolit Master
    I have not seen any primer pockets out of spec. on any of the PP brass I have. S&B is the one that has given me problems with primer pockets but I don't have any S&B in 7.5 Swiss. I have also had good results with reformed 284 Win.

Dave

Boolit Mold
    I haven't had time to try the PP brass, we sell a lot of it at the store in various calibers with few ill complaints.

I can give a thumbs up to the Win 284 conversion which has worked very well for me. I just got the 6-cav group buy K31 mold and I'm looking forward to trying my 1st Swiss cast loads soon.

- Virgil

Boolit Master

I've used both with equally good results. Only problem I've encountered with the PP has been occasional splitting of case necks but annealing after first firing (before neck-sizing/trimming) takes care of that.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

I'd go cheap. The primer pockets in my Graf's brass wasn't all that bad. The pockets were a little shallower than US, but not enough to leave the primers sticking up. I did shave a few on the first loading, that was probably as much my fault as that of the brass. Once I got a feel for getting them centered in the oversized shellholder I was using, no more problems. To straighten out the depth I used a Sinclair primer pocket uniformer. No further complaints with the brass through 3 or 4 reloads so far.

Boolit Master

Why mess with the rest.
    Buy the best.

Norma 7.5x55 It only costs $1 per cartridge on the first shot. The first time you handload that fired case the price divides. The 2nd time it divides again and so on and so forth. Amortize your thought process and the world is once again wonderful and happy.

I bit the bullet and would buy one 20 rd box of Norma loaded 7.5x55 at each gun show until I had 100 rds. I now have 100 pcs of Norma 7.5x55 brass and no problems.

I haven't had any trouble with the Graf 7.5x55. I think I have 150 cases and 100 new Graf cases unfired as yet.

Dutch