Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Lee 105 accuracy at 25 yards +

Lee 105 accuracy at 25 yards +

What type of accuracy do yall get from the lee 105 in a .357 at 25 yards or more? Part of my ongoing quest for the ultimate lead and powder stingy wood tromping pistol load.

Thanks
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    I do not have the 105 gr mold but I do have the 125 gr RNF lee mold and they work quite well in my 38 and 357 mag. I bought it mostly to make loads for practice in my Tarus 357 mag stub nose for less recoil. They shoot as well out to 25 yards as my 158 gr bullet does.

Boolit Buddy James C. Snodgrass's Avatar
    My daughter is shooting it out of a 10" contender for field pistol at about 1300 fps with Bullseye and it gets a little less than 3 " at 100 yds . So I would say less than an inch at 25 yds . As far as a revolver goes I haven't really tried it much . James

Boolit Buddy

Hey there. I do all my revolver shooting at 10-20 yards.

I am getting good accuracy out of my two revolvers. Saturday at the range, I shot about 125 rounds of the 105 in my 2" Colt Detective Special, all double action, at 10 yards. The flyers notwithstanding, I had multiple shots touching each other on the paper. Still trying to find the best load. Those loads ranged from 2.9 to 3.6 grains of W231. Using the .3cc scoop of my Lee Loader, I had one group measure 3/4" for five shots, offhand double action.

My 686 with 6" barrel has shown superb accuracy at 15-20 yards, double action offhand, with loads ranging from 3.6 to 4.2 grains of W231 in 357 brass.

My anecdotal evidence above suggests that one could experience very good accuracy at 25 yards.

Boolit Master
    Using 4.5~5.0 of Bullseye and sizing to .359" I get one inch accuracy @ 25 yards with my 6" Taurus .38 Special revolver. This is a great bullet to plink cans with..only a 148 grain WC is more accurate in my gun. The nice thing about this bullet is that you get many more with each pound of lead. The <Lee 140 SWC is also very accurate as is their 125 RNF.

Banned

Ive shot groups as close to one inch at 50 yards with it but after that it seems to open up fast. But thats ok with me as if im shooting past 50 yards i like a bigger gun anyway.