WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Lps 1

Boolit Buddy

Lps 1

A vendor that sells LPS products at work, told me the LPS 1 lubricant is made for guns, but nothing is on the can saying that.
    It is a water displacing spray that leaves a dry film.
    Has anyone tried it?

LPS1 is similar to wd-40. Not a very good lubricant. LPS 2 is a good general purpose light lubricant. LPS 3 is a more heavy lubricant with a waxy residue.

Personally none of them is ideal for firearms use. Go to a nearby Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's and look at the gun lubricants there. Lots of great choices.

Boolit Grand Master

Too me LPS-1 is too similar to WD40. Claim is it doesn't gum up like WD40. I have used both LPS-1 & LPS-2 on firearms. LPS-3 is heavy duty protection but leaves a residue, so I don't use it on firearms. If I could get if for free I would use it. Current I like EEZOX for firearms.

https://www.amazon.com/LPS-Firearm-L.../dp/B00KNUPAW0

https://www.snipercountry.com/best-gun-oil-grease/

https://www.airgundepot.com/lps-1-fi...e%20and%20rust.

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/an...ricant.381692/
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 05-16-2024 at 08:34 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy

Thanks. I can get it for free. But I can afford any lube I need. I was just handed a can of it and was wondering if anyone here has used it.

Boolit Master

I live in South Florida half of the year and am ocean side on the water. The ocean salt mist covers everything. Cars, boat, Harley and gear get a daily dose of salt air. When I come back from the range or handle my blue finish guns; I wipe them with a water damp cloth. I dry them and wipe either WD-40 or automatic transmission fluid. WD-40 leaves a paraffin residue after the petroleum carrier evaporates. The surface rust never gets a chance to work on the blue finish. But I never use WD-40 for bearing or wear surfaces as the paraffin base gums up everything. LPS No. 2 is also a good surface preserver. Automatic transmission fluid has several anticorrosion additives and also works good. White lithium grease goes on the bearing surfaces and hinge pins of the trap and skeet guns. Never use oil on the mechanisms of fine shotguns as it can seep into the wrist area of the wood. Shotguns should always be stored standing on the muzzles to keep the wood in the wrist from absorbing the slightest amount of oil.