RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Hollow base for large chambers 357/38

Boolit Buddy

Hollow base for large chambers 357/38

As previously posted, I have a Uberti cattleman with 0.366 cylinder throats. That matches to Uberti's production and drawing specs....why they make them that way, I don't know, and they don't have any cylinders with better specs. The max bullet size through the bore is 0.355'' to 0.356''.
    Anyone here with suggestions, or especially experience with this or a similar situation?
    I am thinking along the lines of a hollow base bullet to expand to the throat size upon firing. I am looking for 1,000 to a max of 1100fps. I would rather buy over the counter bullets for this, but if need be I will obtain a mold and cast my own if I must.
    Any suggestions for bullets, ie manufacturer, thick or thin skirts, velocity, molds. I have unique and w231 powder.

Boolit Master
    Last edited by Tar Heel; 12-30-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Boolit Master
    The .366 sure sonds realy big.So first be realy sure of what size your cylinder throats are use gage pins or slug them use a micrometer calipers are for ditch digging.
    Myself i do not think yopu need HB bulets. depending on how hard you want to drive them the skirts may break off and cause other problems.I have a colt anaconda in 45 colt with the same problem. i had a mold made that drops the size i need then size them .0005 under the cylinder throat size.aeveal mold makera will make you any size you need Accurate and LBT come to mind.