Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news Bad news!

Boolit Master

Good news Bad news!

The first of the year I went to have a ECO and stress test called a combo test. Well what they found was my heart and arteries are healthy , but my Aortic valve not. The Dr. said it should be the size of a 1/2" garden hose but mine was the size of plastic tubbing. So some time in the near future I will have to have it replaced, which is not that bad they now replace them through the grown. The real problem is the only hospital that does it has a waiting list and there is only one team that does them here. Said it would be May which isn't bad. I have been lucky with my health for 81 years so guess I am very blessed. I don't worry but my wife of 60 years does, I keep telling her I will be fine and God will see me through.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    Good luck sir!

Boolit Buddy
    I’m sure you’re going to be fine. Dad had a valve replacement at 71 and no problems.

Boolit Buddy
    The little woman had the same issue. She has a nickel allergy so she could not have the one through the groin. Open heart for her. Almost two years ago and she is doing good. She had it done at University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor Michigan. Supposed to be one of the top 5 hospitals in the U.S. for heart operation. You might try them. She was in there 5 days.

Boolit Master
    Good luck sir. You don’t need it but throwing it out there anyways.

Plus one on finding another hospital if needed. Michigan has several places that do this (my dad had his done in northern Mi. But that’s a haul from Texas. I’m sure there has to be places in NM or Dallas that can do it?

Praying, neighbor. Get better.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Spouses always worry.....God still has a job for you so He is leaving you here! I am praying for an opening for you and healing and comfort as well!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Praying for ya buddy!

God Bless

Richard
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Moderator Emeritus

You will be fine. Prayers anyway and good luck.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    Buy a plane ticket and come to Mass probably the best place on the planet for medical services

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. You'll get through fine. There have been so many advances in the technology that it is mind boggling what they can do now . . and with time . . . it will advance even further. I had triple by-pass over twenty-five years ago. My heart paths used to be done through the groin , . . which I never minded as it wasn't that big of a deal. The last one I had in 2019 was through the wrist . . . even easier. As I tell those I know who are going in for the various procedures . . "relax and let them do all the work". Good luck to you and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Boolit Master
    Good luck! For all concerned Texas has GOOD heart surgeons. First heart transplant in the US. South Africa beat us by a very short time.

Boolit Buddy

I had my aortic valve replaced through the groin 1 year ago, March 2020. Went in on the ninth, home on the eleventh. I as 81 years old at the time. No problems except minor irritation at the site. A little embarrassing at times, had to pull the sheet back every couple of hours so some nurses could inspect the site. Had it done at the Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania. You'll be fine,it's a piece of cake.
    eveready

Boolit Grand Master

Find a place near you that specializes in a procedure called TAVR. This is the procedure our members are referring to as through the groin valve replacement

Boolit Buddy
    You and your family are in my prayers
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Baylor Heart hospital , Plano, tx. I can get you names if needed.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Debakey Cardiology Center, Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX. My wife has an appointment there in the near future. My BIL had open heart surgery there about 20 years ago. 85 and still going strong. Wife has heart problems concerning heart rates. Hospitalized 2X for rates in the 30s. Possibly a pace maker, we'll just have to wait and see.
    Good Luck, fellow, whatever you decide.
    Last edited by gbrown; 03-16-2021 at 11:41 PM.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Don’t you or your wife worry. If the doctors consider you in good enough health to do the operation, you shouldn’t have any problems. Today’s medicine is amazing!

Boolit Master
    Freight man, My prayers for a quick full recovery.

We always say, They don’t build them like they use to ! I believe that also applies to people as the older generation are the toughest old birds !
    All the butterfly’s and snow flakes will never make it to our age. Non repairable, just replace !
    Just my $ .02 worth.

God Bless, Mike

Frank,

I'll be keeping you in my prayers friend. I was in need of a pacemaker back last fall. It took 2 months to get it due to the hospitals being backed up for other reasons. Take good care of yourself my friend.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.