RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

View Poll Results: How much would you pay to have your first car or truck back?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd pay any price! Really miss that thing.

7 7.78%
  • Good God! I paid to have it destroyed.

27 30.00%
  • No idea.

23 25.56%
  • Really WILCO? Really?

35 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay to have your first car or truck back?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Ive been hauling my 1st car around with me for 30 yrs ,a 1959 Ford Ranchero, 3 speed on the column 317hp T-Bird 352 from the factory in San Jose Ca June 23,1959.
    I also recently aquired the auto that I took my very 1st ride in on June 30,1966 a 1956 Ford F100 with its 5th 312 ,it was factory with a 292,and the heavy duty rear step bumper with the bed posts. It isn't a 56 F100 just like that 1 it is THE truck.
    Both are in pretty rough shape now but I have the tools skills and place to get them back up to snuff.

I wouldn't take Ft Knox for them. There's half a lifetime of memories in those 2 hunting ,fishing ,camping,old dogs ,young dogs , waking up in the clouds over a lake that landed a 5# cutthroat later in the day with my Dad, my 1st solo limit of ducks , bringing my oldest son home on his 2nd car ride after 5 weeks in an ICN. Nope wouldn't give them up for a freight train full of platinum.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    1968 dodge dart with a 383 3 tos and 4 in the floor omg i did live
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Boolit Buddy
    My first car was a 1963 Ford Galaxy 500 , 390 CI auto. White with a red interior. My dad helped me purchase it from a neighbor down the street as it would not run. Learned how to take off the top of the 390, carb , manifold, heads. Sent heads to a shop for a valve job, probably not needed as the motor had maybe 65000 miles. Reinstalled items with a carb rebuild (probably why it would not run in the first place looking back). Installed pursuit police exhaust, cleaned and polished so it'd looked as if just came off the factory floor.
    I was only 15 at the time, closing in on 16. I could have a license to drive at 16.5. My dad said my Mom would drive the car until I could get my license.
    Loose hose clamp on the radiator, red light on the dash, my Mom cracks the block on my first car!
    I would pay dearly to have that car in the condition it was in as my dad had it towed to the junk yard.
    Still love my parents.
    Ed

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Dzupin View Post
    In 1963, my rust bucket 1957 Plymouth Flathead 6 with its powerflite pushbutton transmission.

Hand me down from Dad who used it as a truck for his electrical business.

Would pay $ 100 for Tannerite to blow that *** to Atoms.

Regards,

Steve
    My first was a Corvair Monza. Would have liked to customize that one with a big load of tannerite!!
    However I do miss the 1966 Chevelle Malibu SS two door HT. Loved that car!

Boolit Grand Master

No way, had to pay someone to haul it off. Only good thing was that by that time I was a pretty fair shade tree mechanic.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

1977 2 door chrysler labaron with auto trans and 318.She had more suction than a hover.Got to love a mopar.I gave 300 buck for it and i would like to have it back.Thing would fly and corner like a race car.It was white with lots of chrome.I would shine her up and go pick my girl up.Her mom would laugh and say you sure got it shiney.I would smile and agree.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I still have my 1st and 2nd vehicles. First is a 2000 V6 Mustang 5sp. I'll tell you thank god it wasn't any faster, because it sure taught me some lessons. It's in pretty rough shape now days due to Illinios winters. Looking to trade it for a 4x4 pickup. Now my 2nd car is a 2004 Mustang GT 6spd supercharged. About the only thing stock on that car is the paint, interior, and engine block. That car isn't going anywhere.
    I'll keep my guns and my money, you can keep the change!

Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by b money View Post
    Well I still have my 1st and 2nd vehicles. First is a 2000 V6 Mustang 5sp. I'll tell you thank god it wasn't any faster, because it sure taught me some lessons. It's in pretty rough shape now days due to Illinios winters. Looking to trade it for a 4x4 pickup. Now my 2nd car is a 2004 Mustang GT 6spd supercharged. About the only thing stock on that car is the paint, interior, and engine block. That car isn't going anywhere.
    We need to see pics.

Boolit Master

My first car was a '58 Olds 88 that I bought in 1963. It was all I could afford. It might have gotten better gas mileage if all the chrome could have been removed. A thousand pounds lighter and it might have gotten 17-18 MPG. It was a real road car when it ran. I drove it from home to college, about a 350 mile trip for my last year.

After graduation, I traded it on a 1965 VW beetle. I suspect they gave me $1 in trade. I didn't miss it then and I don't now.

For the next 25 years I tried the patriotic thing and drove American cars. Between large repair bills and tow charges, I soured on Fords, Chevys and Chryslers. I finally bought a Toyota Avalon in 1996. Drove it for 10 years with no problems and only replaced it when SWMBO decided it was time. Got another Avalon.

I do have to say that a 1998 F150 "almost" restored my faith in the domestic auto industry. I say almost because after driving it for 15 years, I got a Toyota Tundra for my last truck. At my age I don't need the hassle of dealing with Ford or GM dealers.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    I still have mine. 1970 International still on the side of the house.

Boolit Bub
    First truck 1973 Dodge half ton extended cab-you could not pay me to have that one back. Had a couple decent Chevy pickups. Switched to Toyota pickups and never looked back.

I do miss my 1981 1ton crew cab chevy, I grew up around the truck I learned to drive in that truck in 2002 it was given to me by my grandfather. It was of course wore out and very tired, but old Hercules as I named it was given a new lease on life in 2003 when I put a brand spankin new 4 bolt main 350 engine, rebuilt bell housing clutch, brakes, differential, bearings,shocks, wiring, rebuilt carb, and the help of an old family friend who is a mechanical genius General Motors being his favorite gasoline motors to work with gave me help with theee timing! oh boy lol
    It still looked like a old rusty truck after I was done. But with the help of the friend I mentioned, a few performance enhancements were made he he! The old truck could get up and move,even though it had a small 350 it had power to get the job done. Most of guys at school laughed at me when I told them that big truck had a 350 in it. Especially the guys with shiny new Duramax Chevys. But stopped after they took a spin with me.
    In 2009 my new girl friend now my wife and I hit a rough patch and we needed money now!
    I let the old truck go for with tears in my eyes for $1200 only 25,000 on the motor. From 2012 to 2014 I tried to buy it back from the guy I sold it to but he would have none of it. I offered him $4,000 still no sale. At least I know he takes care of old Hercules and his kids seemed to enjoy it too so I don't feel too bad.
    I am however extremely happy with my new 2006 Dodge 3500 Lone Star edition 5.9 Cummins diesel. And my wife affectionately named ol blue.
    Last edited by Desertbuck; 01-16-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    THE GUN
    The gun has been praised.
    The gun has been denounced.
    The gun has played a critical role in History.
    The gun has been implemented for good.
    The gun has been abused for evil.
    With the gun comes a great moral responsibility!
    To better understand the gun is to better under stand History. And with the gun protect your future.
    D.B

Boolit Master

1954 ford fairlane

Absolutely nothing !
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

In Remembrance

Nothing for the 1941 Plymouth Sedan I bought at age 13 with money earned pumping gas and washing cars after school and Saturdays. It knocked so badly I feared it wouldn't make the four miles home. I cut the body off above the windshield and behind the front seat and removed the doors to make a "strip down". I drove the heck out of it for 30,000 miles dazzeling young girls and having a ball. I sold it for the $20 I paid for it and moved up.

Boolit Buddy
    1967 Plymouth Satellite, with the 383 HP in it.

Sitting on blocks at my parents place waiting for me to restore her. And no I won't sell her.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by waynem34 View Post
    We need to see pics.
    I think this picture was around 2010

It's not super flashy by any means but with 436rwhp and 445rwtq it's far more than enough for the street. So far my best time has been 12.88@115mph on hard street tires spinning like crazy
    I'll keep my guns and my money, you can keep the change!

Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Master

you've got the mph to run mid-high 11's, but its probably going to take more than tires. shock,tires,suspension, lots of tuning and practice.

Boolit Buddy

1970 Bronco 200 6cyl 3 in the tree was a State Park truck Dad bought and I cut the rear fenders and put the flares on did all the body work painted it in the driveway. Have owned 2 others since then 74 and a 76 would like to have all three back but I will own another I am on the hunt right now. What they want for them now I would have to pay a good bit to have either of them back in the condition they were in when I got rid of them.
    Tony

1938 Hillman. Right hand drive, left hand shift in the floor. Bought it for $100. when I was stationed in England in 1961. Yeah, I would buy it back.

My first car was a 1970 Plymouth Duster with the 2.5 liter engine (not the big .340)
    I bought it used, 16 months old, 14,000 miles for 2200$ paid for it with money earned mowing lawns. This was summer of 71.
    In the fall of 76 I traded it for a new full sized dodge pickup truck, and they gave me 1800$ for it.

All I'd put into that car was gas, oil, a battery and a starter. Never again will I own a car so long for so little.

To have it back now, in the condition I gave it up in? 4x what I got for it. 6-7,000 would be my top, although in theory it could be worth more than that.

It was a good little car, not all that sexy, didn't attract girls (or I repelled them) got decent gas mileage back when nothing got decent gas mileage. It showed me the adventure of the open road, the joys of independence.