MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Gun show report for mid-Michigan - April 2014

Gun show report for mid-Michigan - April 2014

Nearly full at 5:00 PM. Not too many dealers arriving tomorrow. Four to six tables of hot sauces. That's a lot for this size show.
    More odd named rifles, knives, and ammo then I've seen previously.

Lots and lots of pistols.
    Lots and lots of ammo. Much of it was old boxes that have been sitting on someones shelves. The old green Remington Kleenbore for instance. Thousands of rounds of Tula brand AK and .223 ammo in sealed cans in cardboard cases. NO wooden crates. No dealer had more than a dozen cans. $250. per can of 500 AK.
    Hundreds of 20 round boxes of 7.62 x 39.
    The only caliber I know wasn't in stock was .45 mag.
    Thousands of rounds of 22LR. $55. for 525 round milk carton bulk boxes of Remington. $60 - $70 bricks.
    Primers were in stock. CCI mostly but also Remington 1.5s, Federal, and some Winchester. No dealer had more than 10k showing. $30 - $35.
    Powder was poorly stocked, but not absent. Only two 8# containers on display, at $198. Lots of 1# containers of BLC-2 at $27. One dealer had a great supply of Hercules powders. All opened partial containers. ;(

What I didn't notice was much buying.
    I picked up a $20 CO2 bb pistol for my son. Guy had a couple of dozen of them. It appears they came from the same manufacturer that made the air-soft stuff he was selling.

Boolit Master
    I gave up on the guns shows around here a long time ago. Nothing more than a traveling flea market.

Boolit Master
    Gotta agree with Jailer. The place where they have the gun shows is way too small and you are literally having to crane your neck trying to see what's on the table. Sundays usually the best day as the crowds have thinned out. Lotta junk that would be better off in a flea market. Frank

What show is that? Birch Run?
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I went to a gun show in Kalamazoo last week. A lot of guns for sale, and a lot of guys had what looked like NOS bullets, but they wanted current prices. Very little as far as reloading or casting equipment. Lots of brass, but no 45LC.

Mason fair grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    What show is that? Birch Run?

HONCHO EMERITUS

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    I gave up on the guns shows around here a long time ago. Nothing more than a traveling flea market.
    Same here. Birch Run is almost always a waste of time. Not sure if the Midland County Fairgrounds still puts one on or not. The show run by the Midland Gun Collectors Assn. at the old Midland Holiday Inn used to be the best.

Davison Knights of Columbus and The Lapeer American Legion used to have great little shows too.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN