Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbide Reloading Dies

Banned

i mix em all, lee, dillon,rcbs. I do machine work on some of them. And mrbulletfeeder drop dies. Some lyman shell holders. Would like a 1050 one day, but my loadmaster runs like a watch. I believe in dillon crimp dies and lee buldge buster kits. I have a custom order 9mm lee BB kit. And case gauge everthing, even store ammo.

Boolit Mold
    Redding for rifle and Dillon for pistol . Buy the best you can afford.

Boolit Bub
    i like the dillon the best but my old faithfull are the carbide lees,

Boolit Grand Master

Not much love here for Lee but for the price they are hard to beat. I have both RCBS and Lee and can't see a difference. Unless I was loading a thousand rounds a week I'd save the money for powder and buy lee's.

RCBS standard for everything, cept me calling card, it uses RCBS black Dies
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Buddy
    Excellent post.
    "Failure to prepare is preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    One thing I like about Lyman die sets is they have seater stems for so many different nose shapes. Nothing worse than a ugly ring on the nose of a perfect bullet.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    I purchased Lee carbide pistol dies when I first started to reload and they do a great job. If one of my Lee dies breaks, I might try a different manufacturer.
    Me too but have had nothing but good luck with my 20+ year old LEE dies

I've had GREAT luck with Lee Dies there very inexpensive as far as dies go. I've been looking into the Hornady's also they have Titanium sizers vs Carbide! They should even be tougher! Some people on here don't like the Lee products but I had a Gentlemen in the know recommend the Deluxe Rifle dies over the rest out there? I trust him so that's what I bought.
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Vendor Sponsor

Any of the carbide dies will do what you need and the only real difference is the price. However the one thing you do want to do is go the extra mile and get a 4 die set no matter who's you buy.

The 4 die set allows you to seat bullet and crimp the case in two separate operations. There is a distinct advantage to doing this as it allows you to control both operations independently. Witha 3 die set you will eb seating and crimping in the same step. Whereas this works it doesn't work as well as doing those operations separately.

As far as your press choice goes, if you are going to do mainly pistol ammo then a Turret Press might be a better choice. The Redding Boss press is a big strong press that you just don't need for pistol ammo.

Also look at the C&H Pistol Champ. It has four stations is compact and works well for loading pistol ammo. Very reasonabley priced. It also comes with one set of Carbide 4 station dies and a powder measure, and primer installer.

Just some suggestions to ponder.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com