Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Boy am I glad...

Banned

Boy am I glad...

I was digging around the other day and found a 50 cal ammo can that was full and unlabeled. So I open it up and lo and behold it's FULL of 9mm Brass. There has to be 5,000 of them in there at least! (my best guess)

The note I left and dated 10/01/2002 said "resized, deprimed, belled, ready to load"

sufferin succotash that was a lot of work I already did!

I remembered I purchased a 10C mould from NOE in 9mm. Hmm, kinda glad I did!

Now to get casting, sizing and loading, and of course shooting.

anyone else have a 'bonus' show up once in a while?

Boolit Master

Yup all the time. I dig through my junk......stuff and realize I have forgotten about a whole lot of stuff I have.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    It's bad, but I've had guns "resurface" like that... These days they stay in the safes, but when I was 18 or 19 and didn't own a safe, all of the random guns I bought that needed "just a part or two" tended to end up in boxes or drawers or the closet, and having moved a dozen or so times since then, there's no telling what I'll find when I open a box...

It's like Christmas year 'round!
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Moderator Emeritus

Last year I was looking for an empty 50 cal ammo can out in the shop and discovered a full can of Lake City M193 on stripper clips I forgot I had.

I found a paper tube that 750ML bottles of Scotch come in full of "deglocked" 40S&W brass I had processed and put up and forgot about too.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

I was going through the closet recently and found $80.00 I stashed in a sportcoat jacket (don't wear 'em much anymore since I don't have to wear a suit/tie at work ay longer) a few years ago, so I promptly logged on to swap n sell and bought me a new-to-me mold!!! Yeeeehahh!!

Banned

Well it's getting worse over here.

I found TWO more 50 cal ammo cans full of 9mm brass! Neither of these cans were process, just fired brass. And 500 pcs of FACTORY NEW brass. I gotta decide what to do with all this stuff.

I also spent some time in the mancave cleaning up, while I let the tumbler degrease some 308's.

I wound up putting a bunch of brass in the 'recycle' bin and trashing a bunch of boxes. Bunches of 38spcl and some other stuff made it to my recycle bucket. I was originally looking for some "self defense" ammo for my 9mm, I thought I had some factory fodder somewhere. I couldn't find any, but that don't mean much. Yea, self defense and 9mm, is kinda an oxymoron, but you know it's better than a sharp stick. I guess I better buy some good fodder, oh wait, I could load some.

I also stumbled upon my 50cal ammo can FULL of 115gr 9mm loaded ammo. You'd think I had a machinegun.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post

I also stumbled upon my 50cal ammo can FULL of 115gr 9mm loaded ammo. You'd think I had a machinegun.

Sounds like a vision to me Blammer , so are ya getting a Sten or Lanchester along with your new C&R

Jack

Boolit Master

About 2 weeks ago I was digging through some old amm cans in the garage and found one that had 14 boxes of military match 45 ammo, and one that was about 2/3 full on .357 brass! Dont know how I misplaced those, but I sure was glad to find them!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post

I found TWO more 50 cal ammo cans full of 9mm brass! Neither of these cans were process, just fired brass. And 500 pcs of FACTORY NEW brass. I gotta decide what to do with all this stuff.

I also spent some time in the mancave cleaning up, while I let the tumbler degrease some 308's.

I wound up putting a bunch of brass in the 'recycle' bin and trashing a bunch of boxes. Bunches of 38spcl and some other stuff made it to my recycle bucket. I was originally looking for some "self defense" ammo for my 9mm, I thought I had some factory fodder somewhere. I couldn't find any, but that don't mean much. Yea, self defense and 9mm, is kinda an oxymoron, but you know it's better than a sharp stick. I guess I better buy some good fodder, oh wait, I could load some.

Addict.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

I can't say I have found too many surprises- maybe a mold or two that I had forgotten about. I have sworn a few times I had some things I could not find. In particular- I swore I had a large supply of sized and trimmed .30/06 hulls. That has been about 13 years ago and I am still looking for them.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master
    Way back in my storage bench, I found a 40mm can full of en-bloc clips loaded with AP. In the box next to it, I found 1000 trimmed, tumbled, resized and primed commercial 30-06 brass. Needless to say, I have been water dropping all the 190 grainers I can throw.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Banned

Nice!

Boolit Master

I have always liked the 45-70 and knew I would own one someday. Well I bought one about 5 years ago a went to look for the reloading dies. I found three complete sets of dies I had bought in anticipation of owning a 45-70.
    I have a .222 Remington and thought I needed some brass. I bought some and went to put it up and found a couple hundred rounds of new .222 brass I had already bought.
    With men it is guns, with women it is shoes.

I'm A Honcho!
    Yup. Got to looking for some 357 magnum brass some time back and started opening ammo cans. I discovered I had 5 ammo cans nearly full of various loaded 357 mag ammo..... Still shooting that stuff up!

Stash a 6 qt plastic container of 38 spl 3 yrs ago. I also find ammo I loaded years ago. I reload about twice year.