Repackbox

Thread: Ruger 77/44

Boolit Grand Master

Ruger 77/44

anyone have one ?
    how do you like it ?
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Have one and love it! I had Veral Smith make me a mold last year. It will shoot 1.25"- 2" groups all day long as long as I do my part. Shot several pigeons lat year at 130 yards.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    anyone have one ?
    how do you like it ?
    Yes, see # 23 below :

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=155264&page=2

Boolit Buddy
    I bought one a few years ago simply because the price was right. I didn't expect to keep it.
    I kept it, and shoot it almost every range trip. It's no benchrest rifle, but does OK, considering. I have .44 molds from 133 to 320 grains, and have had fun getting it to shoot all of them.
    There is something nifty about a rifle that weighs the same as my Browning takedown .22s, but throws a .44 bullet.

Boolit Grand Master
    @ 50 yds I can put a mag full in one small cluster that looks like a 4 leaf clover
    I read an article in Handloader that said this rifle in 44 cal was a project to get to shoot
    well all I can say is they musta had a bad gun
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    I have one and love it. It'll hit the 220 meter gong most times with a 310 gr Lee boolit and a little Kentucky windage.

Vendor Sponsor

Ben: Did you ever slug the barrel on that gun. I'm betting on .431 and it has a 1/20 twist ? Right?

Ruger makes very good barrels and I was told by Mark Gurney that they are making barrels for everyone except Remington. I bet it is right on the money.

I have been twitching everytime I get near one of these guns, and may have to bark soon. They are definately the ultimate trunk, or truck, or Jeep gun. I have several uses for the gun.

Just a matter of getting the shop owner to come down to my price. Surprisingly this gun has been on his rack for nearly a year now. Obviously he doesn't have a sophisticated clientel.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

I have had one for about a year now. And mine was a bit of a challenge at first to get to shoot. Stock forend was touching on one side, fixed that. OAL has to be watched, magazines are a bit short. It likes the Ranchdog 265, sized at a full .432. It likes 300 grain Nosler jacketed and 300 grain XTP. Will stay inside 2" most of the time. I have a 1to4x scope on mine, and have a NECG receiver sight for it, too. The stock dimensions aren't too good for the receiver sight, however it is usable. Nice lightweight little rifle with lots of uses.
    Cast Boolits, Where lead balloons go over....

Boolit Master

One of my favorite rifles, there was just a 640 style 240Gr HP/270 solid group buy. Sized .431 with 50/50 with 18 grains of 2400 it is "all touching" at 50 yards. Never had a problem getting it to shoot anything.