Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Saeco #308

Boolit Buddy

Saeco #308

Does anybody have one of these? I bought this mould over a year ago and still haven't got to shoot many from it. It looks to me like a fairly close copy of the 311284. I don't have a '284, but it looks close to me.

It's not in the Redding-Saeco catalogs I have (without digging in the garage to go back farther). Mine average 218.5 grains from WWs.

I was just wondering if anybody had one and what they thought, because I don't think I've seen it mentioned. I ran searches, but didn't see anything. Of course, when you put in any combination of "Saeco" and "308" you get a few hits, and my eyes were glazed over before I was halfway through and I could have skipped over it.
    I imagine anything that has been said about the 311284 applies, so I guess I was mostly wondering what the catalog listed weight was, and when they were dropped.

I guess the mould number really is a #308. That's what the sprue plate says, but I know they get swapped sometimes.

I only shot a few through a Steyr Scout to see how they did in the twist (1 in 12), and they did fine. Actually, I think they did pretty good. I also ran maybe five through my Win 1895 .30 Army whose bore is so rough and worn it hates almost everything, and they passed through the paper nose-first (which is a feat sometimes).

Le Loup Solitaire

Saeco #308

It must be a design feom when Saeco was not part of Redding and that was a long time ago. Anyway it appears to be about as close to being a 311284 as one can get. Weigh your bullets to see what weight you are getting; of course the alloy you are using will determine to some extent the weight but you will be pretty much in the ball park. As you know I'm sure, the 284 was a superior design that goes back a long way and you should do well with it. LLS