RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: .32 ACP Cartride Sleeve for Mosin?

Question .32 ACP Cartride Sleeve for Mosin?

I found this on Sportman's Guide and was wondering if anyone had any experience with one.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=587989

I've decided to start reloading and casting for my M44. The components for 7.62x54R are scarce around here, and I thought this might be easier. I know I can get all of the components for .32 ACP locally.

I am looking for a way to get some gallery loads to practice with. Last time I took my M44 out and shot it more than twice it I could clap with my shoulder blades, which makes it not nearly as enjoyable IMO.
    "The three things most dangerous for an outdoorsman's health are cigars, logging trucks, and know-it-alls." -Pat McManus

Use a 32 acp bullet and 2.5g of unique inhte Russian case as a galelry load.Works well.

Boolit Master
    Only had one such, was .22 rf for .223 in TC Contender, accuracy was lousy.

If you are going to reload, the recoil problem can be eliminated.

If you want a low velocity light boolit gallery loads, take a look here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=87261

Thanks Hang Fire. I guess I'll just wait until I bite the bullet and order everything I need for 7.62x54R, and then I won't be limited to a single shot with with the insert.
    "The three things most dangerous for an outdoorsman's health are cigars, logging trucks, and know-it-alls." -Pat McManus

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    How does a .310/.311/312. bullet work in those worn out mosin oversized bores?
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Buddy
    I bought one of those silly inserts for use with 7.62X25 Tok ammo. Shot patterns at 25yds., the insert was a pain in the butt to eject and then you still had to push out the spent 7.62 case. It was worth a try but just barely. Save your money and buy something useful.

yup I have to agree with the consensus here tried a 32 acp in .303 british insert , was not impressed , reasonable accurate but a pain to use. throw in .303 british headspace issues and it is a recipe for frustration.

If you are going to shoot single shot with it then you can load your gallery load into the case without sizing the neck. Just make sure the boolit is large enough to stay in place. Lube helps hold them.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Thanks guys. Any tips on finding local used Russian brass that isn't Berdan primed? I'm going to have to order a lot of stuff over the internet (dies, brass, auto-prime holder, etc), which isn't a big deal, but I hate paying shipping if I can find everything local.

Boolit Bub
    this brand of ammo is reloadable case, this is where i've bought most of my 54R ammo from, just so i can get the brass!
    http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...2x54r-fmj-ammo

Boolit Master

Not quite as powerful but my hunting buddy Brian Hammond makes the "Game Getter" - a cartridge shaped insert that allows one to shoot a round ball out of you gun at subsonic speed using a .22 blank (ramset cartridge).

I have a number of these and they are very accurate.
    http://www3.telus.net/gamegetter/

Boolit Master
    The insert from Sportsman's Guide works fine in my gun. I think I used .32 S&W Long though, not .32 acp. Accuracy was useable to 25 yds. But now it just sits on the shelf, another novelty. Squib loads will do the same thing.

Boolit Master
    Last saturday I discovered a young gentleman that makes chamber inserts that are well made. At the present time they are only made as smoothbore but he intends to expand to rifled versions. He has developed a insert espevially for the Taurus Judge that is bored off-center and allows use of 22 LR rounds. I purchased a 410/32 Insert. This should allow the use of 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long and 32 H&R Mag rounds. It should also allow chambering the 327 Ruger round but I don't believe that I care to try that round in my eighty year old shotgun. Check out this young mans web site at gunadapters.com
    Neil

Boolit Grand Master

Check Grafs and see if they don't have the brass.

Yep.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...ategoryId/771?

Prvi Partisan is good brass, and $48 per 100 is what passes for a decent price these days for
    somewhat oddball brass. OUCH!

Bill
    Last edited by MtGun44; 08-04-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.