RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: hornady 338 gaz check discountinued

Boolit Master

hornady 338 gaz check discountinued

I have contacted Hornady and they told me that the 338 gaz check his discountinued so you guys who have 338 bad news unless you know somebody else who make them if so please tel me.... Canuck

Boolit Master
    Watch for the next group gas check buy from Gator and try to get enough others to make a run of .338's worth while.

Boolit Bub
    Wholesale Sports in Calgary had 7 boxes left after I bought 7 boxes 2 weeks ago. These were going for $18.88 Cdn per box. These should last me for a while.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    I have seen this in other industries, particularly clothing. If Hornady manages to discontinue .338 gaschecks without a storm of protest, watch for other low-volume gas checks to become "obselete." .348, .270, 6.5 mm, what's next?
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

HONCHO EMERITUS

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon
    I have seen this in other industries, particularly clothing. If Hornady manages to discontinue .338 gaschecks without a storm of protest, watch for other low-volume gas checks to become "obselete." .348, .270, 6.5 mm, what's next?
    I heard last year from Midway that Hornady has discontinued .348 gas checks. I laid a large order aside from Widener's. Anybody else that needs them might check to see if they still have them in stock.

HTH,
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon

You may be right. I would say that any caliber outside of 30 that doesn't double for rifles and popular handguns could be vulnerable. Still, if Lyman or RCBS can see a need vs a market void, they will contract with Hornady or maybe someone else to fill it. Much like some large gun distributers contract for a special run of some particular firearm that would otherwise never be made. You will be forced to buy from larger vendors that will demand dearly for them and you will need to buy in larger quantities to carry you through manufacturing slumps from the larger vendors.

WalMart has taught these guys that shelf space is finite. Fill it with the highest margin products available that moves at the fastest rates. Somehow I don't think gas checks fill that description. Especially at these price levels.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes, you can't really blame Hornady for dropping an item that isn't selling. Besides, it creates an opportunity for the smaller suppliers. I was so pleased with my Gator checks, that's where I'll get all of mine from now on.

Boolit Bub
    In addtion to the .338 and the .348, Hornady has also discontinued the 6MM and 270.