Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Burgara BXR .22

Boolit Buddy

Burgara BXR .22

I have a friend that wants to jump into local .22 Match competitions. I tried to stear him into something like a C-Z 457 bolt action, but he seems to want Burgara BXR carbon .22 semi auto. Has anyone had any experience with this Rifle?

Boolit Bub
    No experience with that particular rifle, but bolt action or falling block actions
    Are more accurate than semiautomatic , in rimfire and center fire firearms.

Boolit Master
    It's a Ruger 10/22 that's been fancied up a bit. All the controls are the same and the rotary mag looks like a twin. I'm not knocking the Ruger, but a lot of things can be done to these rifles with thousands spent, and a CZ American 452/455/457, Tikka, etc will out shoot them in my experience. I have a 455 and with CCI SV can turn in some nice groups. Feed that same gun Wolf Match or SK Match, whoa dang, that's a tiny hole for 10 shots to go through.

Boolit Master
    Keep steering him to the CZ 457 MTR. It's a great rifle, and reasonably priced. The latest .22 matches I've been shooting are up to 300 yds. (with talk of trying 400). There's not a semi-auto on the line, and for good reason.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

Boolit Buddy
    Tell him to go to a match and see what they are shooting, I'll bet he won't see any semi autos

Boolit Master

I like the cz 457 At One. tempting me.

I did buy on a whim a Ruger Precision Rimfire. So far there is nothing precision about it. I am giving it one more go on the range after lapping the barrel. I’ll try it with and without the thread protector on. I have yet to shoot it without it. I have already done an aluminum tape “bedding” job to fix the action shifting in the horizontal axis.

The gun also tends to ding up bullet tips while chambering. Ruger should be ashamed of this cheap piece of white dung.

CZ457 At One, the Bergara heavy barrel bolt gun or even a Vudoo if if have a moment of insanity.

I am just not a fan of the CZ MTR stock. CZ styling since the old man turned the reigns over to the kids has been ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Boyle View Post
    I like the cz 457 At One. tempting me.

I did buy on a whim a Ruger Precision Rimfire. So far there is nothing precision about it. I am giving it one more go on the range after lapping the barrel. I’ll try it with and without the thread protector on. I have yet to shoot it without it. I have already done an aluminum tape “bedding” job to fix the action shifting in the horizontal axis.

The gun also tends to ding up bullet tips while chambering. Ruger should be ashamed of this cheap piece of white dung.

CZ457 At One, the Bergara heavy barrel bolt gun or even a Vudoo if if have a moment of insanity.

I am just not a fan of the CZ MTR stock. CZ styling since the old man turned the reigns over to the kids has been ugly!
    My experience with the Ruger Precision Rimfire was similar to yours. It went down the road.

The rimfire rifles I am keeping for precision work are the CZ457 MTR and the CZ457 AT ONE. Either is capable of superb accuracy for me. Hard to choose between them for competition.

Boolit Master

I finally realized this thread was about a Bergara rifle. I have never seen one.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master
    ive not seen a bergara 22, but bergara's in general are excellent rifles. very accurate right out of the box. the one I have is in 6.5 creed moor and is like a highly refined Remington 700 much more accurate than I am. volquartzen makes exceptionally accurate copies of the 10-22 and mark series handguns. ive got a gut feeling that if bergara is making a 10-22 clone its probably a very accurate and very well made gun.with that said with the 457cz you cant go wrong. savage is also making some very accurate 22's these days also in the bsev

Boolit Master
    here is a little write up on the bsev
    https://chuckhawks.com/savage_bsev.htm