Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP Molds

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    So, two of moulds work you just need top punches?

I 3 MP out of the 56 on hand, the MP's work great. Only have few that don't work; one NOE, One Lyman and the old two cavity Lee's from the 80's.

But , I don't do much rifle mostly revolvers, so I can make just about anything work out to 50 yards.
    All of them the gas check shanks are too big. You cant get a reply or any customer service. He knows about the problem as I am not the only one and he will not remedy the problem. There is only one fix and that is to remake the molds so I am sure that is the issue. Top punches are not a big deal but they are incorrect. I just want everyone to know what happens if there is a problem. I have Accurate molds now and have moved on. They are far superior in every way including the man who makes them. He is a man of his word.

Boolit Buddy
    Not too long ago I ordered a set of accurate's 3 top punch set. When I opened the package 2 of the 3 were the exact same diameter. I contacted him about it and his response was to send him a picture of the punches and he would refund me for the missing one??? Refund me? I never asked for a refund. Why not do the right thing and send me the correct punch which is what you have listed on your site...I'd even pay for it, tax, and shipping...it's like a $2.00 part... I told myself forget it, not worth doing business with a vendor who would rather take the easy way out. It's the way vendors remedy the little problems that is the deciding factor in whether I purchase from them again or never at all and I will never buy anything from accurate/tom again. It wasn't like...hey, there was a error in your order or we are sold out and put you on backorder or ship you the part...send us the bad one... Just fix my order... I guess it wasn't worth the time or money to fix my problem correctly, maybe if I had spent several thousand dollars on molds and stuff I would have received equal customer service. So the punches just sit here as an example to myself of the lousy customer service.
    Last edited by THE_ANTIDOTE; 04-22-2024 at 12:14 AM.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I'll be honest, I would do business with Mihec any day. I don't have any issues with Al, but I do think his products are of subpar quality compared to Mihec's - in other words, I'm biased towards the quality of MP. Both occassionally have problems, and drop the ball. I've learned to try and not judge a man until I've walked in his shoes. I get people bashing this or that business because they themselves have had a bad experience with them. But that is not the VAST MAJORITY of people that have done business with them. Almost everyone who has done business with either MP or NOE has been beyond satisfied with their buying experience. They would not have the setups they have today if these examples were normal. Both of those gents have been valuable members of this community for a long long time. Now, I'm not the injured parties here, and won't speak to minimize or invalidate their own concerns. Just offer my own opinion that those examples are well outside of the normal course of doing business with either of those companies.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by flatnose View Post
    All of them the gas check shanks are way too big, so it is impossible to install the gas checks.
    I have a handful of MP molds and almost all of them have been excellent with the exception of one. It is a gas check .44 Larsen mold and like yours the shank is to big making the bullets useless for a gas check. I would certainly not by a gas check mold from MP, to many people have reported this issue.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Targa View Post
    I have a handful of MP molds and almost all of them have been excellent with the exception of one. It is a gas check .44 Larsen mold and like yours the shank is to big making the bullets useless for a gas check. I would certainly not by a gas check mold from MP, to many people have reported this issue.
    Sorry you got stuck also. I wished I would have known this before he stuck me for several hundred dollars. No recourse from Slovenia I am just burned. His day will come. Sadly many more will be ripped off before it comes back to him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12