MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: L. E. Wilson Reloading Die

L. E. Wilson Reloading Die

I am looking where to buy a Bullet Seater Die ca. .338 W. M. of the brand L.E: Wilson. Can you give me some information?
    Thanks
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

Boolit Master
    They don't currently show 338WM as one of the sizes they produce. Don't know if it's interchangeable with any of the other 338's they offer. Check here:

https://lewilson.com/stainless-steel...ter-adjustment

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmattes View Post
    They don't currently show 338WM as one of the sizes they produce. Don't know if it's interchangeable with any of the other 338's they offer. Check here:

https://lewilson.com/stainless-steel...ter-adjustment

Thank you...
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

Boolit Master
    If none of those work, they also sell blanks that you can have a machinist ream to match your cases. Wilson may also do the machining for you, but you'd have to contact them to find out.

Boolit Man
    Years ago Wilson used to cut custom blanks for me and my wildcatting buddies, call them. If not try Neil Jones in Erie, PA he did also. Neil Jones Custom. And a long time ago so did Dewey ( cleaning rod guys ) but I doubt they still do ?

Rick

Boolit Master
    Custom rifle seating dies like Wilson's can be useful for carefully developed and assembled reloads when carefully selected cases and precision made bullets are fired from very costly rifles laid over rock solid shooting benches. No special seater can make tiny groups suddenly appear unless everything else is also present. I know of no one who makes bench grade .338 bullets.

Take a look at the Redding and Forster Competition and BR die sets. They're each basically the same design and they usually do as well or better than any other threaded dies.
    Last edited by 1hole; 12-18-2021 at 01:02 PM.

1hole makes a good point. I have many, many Wilsons and it takes more than just dies to get bug holes.
    wilson has made me several cuctom does but I think now they dropped that saying, only what we catolog now are we making. don't know what accuracy you expect from the 338 but my custom 338-06 built by Jim Cloward and using 250 Noslers and 4350 gets well under an inch at 100 yds. I use RCBS dies.

Vendor Sponsor

If you can't find what you are looking for from Wilson you might try a Lee Classic Loader for $35. They will be very close to the Wilson Die and they work the exact same way.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com