RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USPS Rate Increase: January 17, 2016

Banned

Man this sux! The increase and having to change wording and in 100 auctions. Click n ship is gone maybe PayPal's shipping is certified for the newbar code ???? Aughhh

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Just one more reason why I buy everything locally!

banger

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Just one more reason why I buy everything locally!

banger
    And how do you think a lot of your local stuff gets local???? You think those 65 pounds of boolits just appear for free!

Boolit Grand Master
    NOT by USPS for sure!

Most stores and commercial entities do NOT rely on USPS! I have contracts with UPS and FEDEX to ship my products and so do ALL my manufacturer's. I would never ship anything by USPS that was business related! My shipments are many times worth several thousand dollars and must get there.....with tracking numbers that are updated many times during transit. Unlike USPS that updates it's so called tracking info when it arrives at the destination! Worthless in the real commercial world.

Only on here and other forums (and evilbay) do people worry about flat rates and USPS boxes and rate increases. USPS is basically used by evilbay sellers and those trying to save a buck on shipping.

I do not use USPS for shipping. I would only use it if a customer was too cheap to pay for real shipping.

And I do not order boolits. 65# or 1#. I make my own from lead I always buy locally. All primers are always bought locally. Most powder is always bought locally. Brass is either local or Starline. The rare things I do order on-line come via either UPS or FEDEX. NOT USPS. I insist on it.

I could give a hoot what USPS does with it's rates. USPS is not tailored to provide real businesses with a service that is useful. And I am a businessman that ships products all over the USA. USPS is only for individuals shipping stuff trying to save a buck.

The USPS is an out-dated antique delivery system that should have died off years ago.

Only a "government" run/taxpayer funded cluster-f like that could survive in today's modern economy.

Boolit Master
    I'm sure guessing they gave Amazon a break on pricing so all those Sunday deliveries get out.
    If they can't find the correct home addresses during the week for important mail, how they finding them on Sunday's ???

Merry Christmas everyone.

Mike

Boolit Mold
    And life in Obama's America goes on...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    I'm sure guessing they gave Amazon a break on pricing so all those Sunday deliveries get out.
    If they can't find the correct home addresses during the week for important mail, how they finding them on Sunday's ???

Merry Christmas everyone.

Mike
    That was a deal they made w/ UPS, not Amazon. If you notice they were delivered in the normal UPS packaging.

Boolit Buddy
    I find I get more damaged goods via FedEx than any other carrier. Even if the company resends a package with extra packing, it still comes damaged. Took 5 tries to get a part for a cabinet that was damaged by FedEx fixed. The replacement panels kept arriving with the corners busted out from being dropped by FedEx.

I prefer UPS or USPS, better chance of arriving undamaged.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I see we have a few members that have a very strong orientation towards "Why are some people complaining when all they have to do is drive 2 blocks to the Fed-Ex Depot and put it all on your business account". They don't even stop to try and understand nor think that many of us have medical problems or are located in an area that does not have local gun stores that have any stock.
    The statement that implied that this forum actually has members that not only try to save a few bucks with a shish!! added is very hurtful to say the least!!!
    I went to the local recruiter when I was 17 and signed up because I was brought up being taught that "Every American Male" of age is required to protect this country that so the ones that served before him and gave it all, would not be without meaning and that they may live "FREE". I then came home and went to a Law Enforcement office and signed on. I started at $585 a month in 1976 and was making the huge salary of $2100 a month in 1990.
    To be able to give this service, I had to work extra jobs after I finished my first 12 hours of the day and work another 5 hours to put groceries on the table, all the time believing in my oath to this country and it's people. Because of certain things that happen in life, which would require a book to explain how this happened and I would not care to put it all out there, I will just say this. My wife and I now live on $1106 a month. This requires me to "TRY and save those few bucks, it's very hard and demeaning at times to say the least. I have physical problems that I received from both of my services to this country. I receive not one damn penny for this body that is left, so I'm one of those that try to save a few bucks and must use that USPS service that some other members are above using!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! I will not have anyone tell me I must use any other type of wording for my sign off!! Take Care and Best Wishes for all, David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Banned

As I was leaving the USPS today the big brown truck pulled in~ Remember when the usps went on strike and all before it happened the others said they could handle the load. Then when the usps did go on strike the other about puked. LOL

I've shipped usps to address that were a post office box opened 3 days a week at a crossroad in the middle of someplace and could have been. Some place my FedEx account wanted $30.00 for a 5lb box. Not everyone cast boolits or shoots a thousand J' words a year.
    The usps has a place and I can't think of another that will ship 57 pounds of lead to Hawaii for $15.00 & pick it up at your shops door too!

Boolit Master
    I think that there rate increase should be tied to there preformance, around here they would have to pay us for the privlage (sp) of shipping and delivering our packages.

In Remembrance

My postmaster told me that the P.O. is going to stop having that sticky strip on their FRE. He simply said it probably is part of the cost cutting measures the P.O. is doing.Robert

Boolit Bub
    Just when the USPS was getting competitive with UPS and FedEX...

Boolit Grand Master

Bangerjim is 100% correct. Very few businesses will use USPS. Those that do are forced to due to cheap *****(self censored). I used to bring over a lot of European VW parts by the container and then ship them all over the USA. There is no way I would trust the shipment of a $1k bumper to the USPS. Even a $20 interior piece was shipped UPS. USPS parcel service is for the casual shipper. I know some vendors here rely on them and I always question their decision. But it's not my decision so it's on them.

A $7 SFRB is not a deal unless the weight is high. Padded mailers.....buy them yourself and ship first class if you really want to save money. You'd be hard pressed to hit $7 in postage for an item that fits in the priority mailer. If their tracking was actually real time I would say it's a different story. But it's not, so it isn't.

It's hard for someone that isn't shipping tens of thousands of dollars of products to understand. Most people see the USPS cost and just expect to pay that. Look at a large operation like Amazon that spends Billions on shipping. They do not use the USPS. Pretty easy to understand why.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    -snip- Look at a large operation like Amazon that spends Billions on shipping. They do not use the USPS. Pretty easy to understand why.
    They use USPS a lot.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mdenz3 View Post
    Just when the USPS was getting competitive with UPS and FedEX...
    When UPS and FedEX put a FULL SERVICE facility in each zip code (not those useless storefronts manned by people who know nothing about their companies services or policies); when they stop by my house every day but Sunday to see if I have anything to mail, and if they can pick up a Christmas Card from my house in Florida and deliver it to a residence somewhere in Washington state in a few days, unmangled and for 46 cents.....then, and only then, will I say UPS and FedEX are competitive with the USPS. Now, having said that, an almost 10% increase is hard to defend since my Soc. Security check is going up 0%!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdenz3 View Post
    They use USPS a lot.
    I'm what you would call an Amazon power user. I've never had one package delivered by the USPS Monday thru Saturday. I always receive UPS tracking numbers. Every now and then it comes FedEx but that's it. Sunday delivery is a separate arrangement all together.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, maybe with the rate increase they will scan and let you actually track a package. Nahh, they won't.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I'm what you would call an Amazon power user. I've never had one package delivered by the USPS Monday thru Saturday. I always receive UPS tracking numbers. Every now and then it comes FedEx but that's it. Sunday delivery is a separate arrangement all together.
    I get packages from amazon via USPS very frequently. Had one come in today. Generally for smaller items. Very frequently from vendors on amazon as opposed to amazon itself, but I have seen both.

Many of them also ship with the UPS innovations or whatever the fedex equivalent is as well, where they hand it off to the USPS at the final leg.

Boolit Grand Master
    That "hand-off" buy UPS and FEDEX to USPS really scares me! I have had several valuable & important shipment trackable up to the point the USPS got involved. From there it was just a black hole. The items finally did show up! Later than we had hoped and planned for. In business, time IS money!