RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MY CZ 452 at 50 yards

Boolit Buddy
    I just got a new CZ Trainer and I have never seen a rifle shoot as good my CZ going to have find another one

Quote Originally Posted by JeffinNZ View Post
    My understanding is the Wolf rimfire Lapua made in Eastern Europe.
    As is "SK" also made by Lapua....
    May we achieve our aims....

[QUOTE=BruceB;2269094]A true, QUALITY .22 (rifle or handgun) is a joy forever.

I must admit, there isn't much that is more rewarding than a fine adult sized .22. I bought a Winchester 52B (repro) 13 years ago when I bought my farm and can't tell you how many joyful hours or thousands of rounds I have shot through that wonderful rifle. I agree that Wolf match is just silly accurate out of the box, as is SK or Eley EPS. To date, the best group I have ever shot in my life was with that 53B shooting Federal UMB ammo, 10 shots into .620 at 100 yards, sunny, 80 degrees and dead calm wind. My then wife and my son thought I had "lost it" when I dragged them out to the impact area to see the target.

Even now, I have been taking Federal "550" ammo, running it through a Waltz sizing die, painting them up with LLA and getting some pretty fair groups out of high speed ammo. Yesterday, I was shooting Wolf match, Remington/Eley, SK and CCI SV, all right out of the box, hands down, Wolf shot the best groups at 100 yards.
    Sight alignment, sight picture, squeeeeeze....
    bullseye!

Dwight

Boolit Mold
    Last Saturday with my 452 Ultra Lux. Peep sights. Don't know anything about wind or nuthin' and I'm in Texas so it was real hot that day. That one crappy shot was upsetting, but I don't believe I have put more than 200 rounds through the gun yet, so I figure this is just me getting used to the rifle and the sights.

50 yds. Remington 36 gr. hp (525 bulk pack from Wal-mart $22)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bha89z.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	77880
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2w4xtfd.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	77881

Most CZ rimfires have a choked barrel, tighter at the muzzel. Many have found that they become much pickier about ammo after cutting the barrel back. The barrels are smaller diameter than most but they do not have a match chamber. My 452 UL is a joy to shoot with open sights(28" barrel) in the field but takes a back seat to my Brno #4 and my Rem 540 when shooting from a bench. I think it is sad that we have to across the pond to get a classic sporter rimfire
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear the fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

Eph. 2:8-10

Kill da wabbitt!!! KILL DA WABBITT!!!!

Boolit Mold
    I have had my brno mod 2 since 1975 and I got a new cz452 lux in 22 mag last year. both are outstanding shooters. and a pleasure to look at . cheers

Boolit Buddy
    Love my 452 Scout.
    Normally I just use the open sights, but sometimes I mount a scope just to see what it will do. Recently I had a 3/4" group at 100 yards with Stingers. The long Stingers get pushed into the rifling as the bolt closes, visible on an unfired round.

Last year had several 1/2" groups at 75 yards with Velocitors. All shot with a 4X Leupold RF special.
    It even shoots cheap bulk well.

IMO every shooter should get a 452 Scout before they disappear. I'm 6' tall and the Scout fits me perfectly. Very nice all steel sights as well.

You just can't beat the cost to accuracy ratio of a CZ.
    Last edited by Hammerhead; 09-28-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Yep CZ's do shoot well. Sold a surplus Anschutz to fund a 452 THV .22, next was a 455 FS, traded the THV off for a 452 LUX as the varmint was a tad heavy out in the field. Last one, I hope, was a Scout. Having these great shooters along with a couple of Annies and Brownings I don't need another one, I'm not a collector. All are well scoped.

Our club used to get SK Jagd LR for $10 a brick back in the late 1980's and i thought it was a German company.i dont think it had any tie to Lapua then?Unless Lapua bought them up?
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Most CZs 22s shoot well enough that a 4 x scope is not enough to produce the best results....try 9 or 12 X, that can be had in the smaller versions.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master
    A Cooper model 57 Jackson Squirrel rifle is nothing but quality and is made in America.

Boolit Master
    A trip to Cooper's web site is a way to get a real fix with "eye candy"

Not only do they shoot very well, but they can be ever so beautiful.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master
    Ol'Coot,
    I bought the one with a fiberglass stock because I hoped it would be more consistently accurate. In a rimfire 100 yard local competition called rimfire F class the powers to be decided to put the Cooper Jackson Squirrel rifle in the same category as a heavy barrel Anschutz while the Cooper has a very skinny barrel. They must have been quite afraid of it. Rather silly because reading the wind is a lot more important than exactly which rifle you are using. There were many CZs there.

Boolit Master
    Yep, wind !!!!

I thought about a Cooper and might have gone that way if I hadn't found my Clark Custom 77/22 at a great price because the fellow who ordered it didn't like the weight with the heavy barrel and traded it in new. I got a good price and it shoot great!

Enjoy that Cooper!

CDOC

Boolit Master
    I have a brno number 1 and a number 4. they became the cz line. they both shoot great. won a class hunter 2 years straight and the next year won a class heavy. mine will shoot just about anything. but they both like the old steel cased Russian ammo. it is not made any more.

Boolit Buddy
    Comparing a $2000+ gun to a $400 gun isn't really fair.

Boolit Master
    Maybe if we are talking about outward beauty you would be correct. but when the "cheapy" shoots equal to the pricy one, well that is a different story. CDOC

Boolit Master

I have a CZ 452 with the heavy varmint barrel. I bought it about 5 years ago when a local gun store went out of business. I picked up a CZ 527 FS in .223 Remington and the .22 LR. Both of these guns are really tackdrivers. With the .223 I hit the gong 5 out of 5 at 335 yds if I do my part as the Leupold scopes on both these rifles are outstanding.

My buddy has a high dollar Kimber .22 LR bolt rifle and we had a ball one day with the .22's. No matter who was shooting either rifle the CZ outscored the Kimber every time. I paid less than $400 for each rifle and I am really pleased. The .223 with the full stock is a joy to handle and shoot. The .22LR not so much as the barrel is heavier and the rifle does not balance as nice as the .223.

However at any distance up to 75 yds the .22 is a tackdriver. It is so accurate that it is almost boring to shoot. I had a Remington 788 in 22-250 that I sold off some years ago because it was more accurate than I could utilize. It became boring and the brass and powder costs for reloading are a lot higher than in
    .223 Remington loadings.

I found a collector for the 788 and he paid me a ridiculous amount of money for it on auction arms. Somebody had gifted it to me along with a Winchester 94 in .32 Special and a Ruger Single Six revolver. I sold off the 94 to a fella in Oregon as I had zero success in reloading decent rounds for this rifle. This was prior to my joining the Castboolits forum and I knew zilch about casting boolits etc. The Ruger was stolen and that really was a shame since I really enjoyed shooting that revolver.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master
    Ol'Coot, A few years ago a friend from highschool in the late 50's came up to see me from about 100 miles away and brought his friend who was a farmer. Obviously the farmer didn't have much money but was a very nice guy along with my old friend. He saw that Cooper in my collection and was in awe. I think his only gun was an old 38 Short. I loaned the Cooper to him until they came back and I knew it would be about 8 months. He could hardly accept but I knew if he was a friend of my old friend, he was trustworthy and I convinced him to take it. I also gave him a brick of Wolf because I knew it shot well in it and they would have been too expensive for him to buy anyway. When he came back, he had only shot about 70 rounds and every shot was at a squirrel on his farm except a few at other critters. He was really impressed with the accuracy and sincerely enjoyed having it.

Hammerhead certainly you can compare a cheap gun to an expensive gun. You just have to decide if the difference in quality is worth the money. Many would not but that is a person's choice. I wrote about the Cooper because post #27 said it was a shame that a quality 22 is not made in America. Personally I would never buy a gun made in America just because it is made here but would buy what I think is the best quality and I liked the Cooper better than any I saw. If anyone wants something else, price compared to quality or beauty, that is their choice.

Boolit Master
    Old Caster, You are to be commended for your loan of a VERY fine rifle.

If I didn't already have two very accurate .22s the Clark Custom 77/22 and my 10/22 build I'd sure be back haunting the Cooper web site again!!!!!!!!!!!

Worth the trip to the site just to see the eye candy.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot