RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: m67/89 Swedish Rolling Block

I tried the 45-90 route and just went back to using 8X56 brass. To neck size I use a 325 WSM sizer which is large enough in the body that it only works the neck. Before I found a set of used 8X58 dies, to F/L size, I would just touch up the brass with my 8X56 dies (it is 8X56 brass), but it was many firings with neck-sizing before that was necessary.

I imagine you could do the same thing with the brass you've made up with 45-90.

More info here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...n-a-Swedish-RB
    Last edited by Andy_P; 03-12-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Boolit Master
    In my opinion both the Swedes and the Danes made much better looking military rolling blocks than Remington did. The machining is much smoother and the case hardening is much richer and deeper. Of course I am speaking of military rifles only. When it came to sporting guns, Remington was second to none. This praise is for pre 1950s rifles only. The only quality rifle Remington made after 1950 was the model 37 and it was discontinued in 1955. After that they have made rifles to sell for a price. Craftsmanship took a back seat.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy

Well it won't be long - I've got the cases all prepped and a batch of 8mm Max boolits sized and lubed. Just have to load the cases up. I've been casting the last week or so since the weather has been reasonably nice. Most of the 3' of snow piled up in my yard was gone - this evening I got some new snow - about 6"-7"... So I suppose I'll get geared up for loading this weekend. My 326-220B mold arrived frm Accurate today also. I'll have to give it a spin soon.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy

Well the weather was nice enough today, so I took the RB out to the range. I used Lee 8mm MAX over 13 gr Unique, 25 gr H4198, 28 gr H4198. Had to play around with the rear sight to get elevation. At 50 yds I got a nice group going with 13 gr Unique, 25 gr H4198 opened up a bit, groups were about 3" to the right. Decided to go 100 yds with 28 gr H4198 - they were in the black but way right. I noticed the cases bulged slightly ahead of the head, about .004" or so. It was nice to get this going after all this time. Some work still need to be done. Got a lot of inquiries as to what it was that I was shooting...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	103233

Bottom target has some 6.5 near center...
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy

So this morning I looked at the front sight. It's supposed to be adjustable, but the screw wouldn't budge... the screw that holds the front sight assembly on was stubborn too. I put a little WD40 on it and waited then heated it up with propane torch. Finally got it to back out. Seems there's lots of petrified crud in there gumming things up. After working at it for a while I got the front sight assembly to loosen up and took it off. Now the front sight adjustment screw turns about 1/4 of a turn, but there's still something holding it up. I'll soak it in solvent for a few days and see what happens. Hoping I can salvage it, I think I have a better chance at finding the fountain of youth as opposed to finding a replacement...

Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master

Boz330, the cases I got from you are still going strong. Been fired about 8 to 10 times now. Have not annealed them either.

Boolit Master

Good to hear and glad you are enjoying the rifle.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Grand Master

The Lee 8X57 collet die I got from Boz will size the necks just fine. I thought I may need to make some more cases later and bought the CH4d die set. Excellent quality and worth the price.
    I'm able to keep a less than 3" group consistently with the Lyman boolit. I have shot it at 200 yards and it still shots very well. I do have a Pedersoli tang sight on it.
    I do need to get this back out to the range along with my Pedersoli Creedmoor in 40-65.