Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: 17 Remington Fireball. Production being stopped?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

17 Remington Fireball. Production being stopped?

Hardly a cast boolit cartridge, but fun just the same!

I just bought one and I am told by the local gunshop that the Remington rep told him that Remington were stopping production of the round and the rifle.

Has anyone heard rumours (or facts preferably, lol) about this?

It will not bother me any, I have 100 brass cases and there are 300 on the shelf in the shop down town. I'm 64 and don't have that many hills left in me, so that should well and truly seeme out.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

I haven't heard about it being phased out, I have a Remington SPS in .17 Fireball and I'm pleased as peaches with it. A manth and a half ago I capped another woodchuck with it and as usual...no exit wound just a dead woodchuck...like right now.

When I first bought the rifle I couldn't find brass to save my soul so I bought the Redding forming dies and using .222 rem brass made up 200 empties. They have served me since. I hope to hell they don't shelve yet another fine cartridge.
    Sight alignment, sight picture, squeeeeeze....
    bullseye!

Dwight

My friend has 200 x 221FB cases be is trying to sell me. I wouldn'tmind converting my 788 in 222 tp a 221.

What did the forming dies cost you?

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy
    I own and shoot both 17-221 and the original 221 Fireball and love them both. Every groundhog that I've shot with the 17- has simply "melted" where he stood. The .221 using 40 grain Ballistic Tips does just as well. If I had to choose only one of the two, it would be the .221 for bullet and powder selection options. -Ed

Pretty much what I have been led to believe. Great cartridges. All of the shooters who I know that have had the 221 Fireball have never had a bad thing to say about them. Never met a 17 Mach4 owner yet. I'm looking forward to this rifle.

Boolit Master

I have an SPS in 17 fireball. I like it. I put a HS Precision stock on mine (just happened to have one from another project) and I have one of the Remington Classics in 221 Fireball. Both shoot very well.
    Cast Boolits, Where lead balloons go over....